Enjoy your walk without sacrificing comfort.
Our lodges have been designed and purpose built with everything, right down to the last nail, flown in by helicopter. The result is total comfort in the last place you would expect it.
Accommodation options on the Routeburn Track
- MULTISHARE: 4 people in bunkstyle rooms with shared bathroom facilities
- PRIVATE QUEEN: 1-2 people in a private room with queen bed and private ensuite bathroom
- PRIVATE TWIN: 1-2 people in a private room with two single beds and private ensuite bathroom
Facilities in our Routeburn Track wilderness lodges include:
- Comfortable beds with duvets and pillows
- Hot water showers
- Shampoo, conditioner and hair dryers
- Flushing toilets
- Generated electricity until 10pm each evening
- Hand washing facilities and washing powder
- Drying rooms
- Full kitchen and lodge staff
- Selection of NZ wines, beers and soft drinks for purchase
Enjoy excellent Kiwi cuisine
After an invigorating day on the Routeburn Track you will have worked up an appetite. Our lodges have full kitchens and our staff have been working to make sure your time inside on the Routeburn Track is as memorable as your time outside.
Enjoy a snack and cold drink when you arrive at the lodge. A three course dinner follows: hearty homemade soup; a traditional New Zealand main; fresh garden salad followed by dessert, tea and coffee. A selection of New Zealand wine, beer and soft drinks are available for purchase from our bars throughout your evening.
A hot cuppa will be ready and waiting for early risers and breakfast offers a selection of fruit and cereal or a full cooked breakfast of bacon and eggs. Your guides will lay everything out for you to make your own picnic lunch on the way out: a delicious sandwich and your choice of fruit and energy snacks to keep you going through the day. Lunch is on route, but a hot drink will be waiting for you when you stop.
Lake Mackenzie Lodge
The face of Lake MacKenzie Lodge is predominantly glass allowing you to take in phenomenal views of the Darren Mountains.
Routeburn Falls Lodge
The newest of our wilderness lodges, Routeburn Falls Lodge is a magnificent facility offering stunning views of the lower valley.