We are committed to ensuring your personal information is protected.
The information we collect about you
The types of personal information we collect about you will depend on what services you use or products you acquire. This may include collecting your name and address, your email address, your contact address, credit card details and, where you have the option to comment on our services or products, whatever other information you choose to supply to us.
How we use your information and whom we may disclose it to
The information that we collect about you is used to help you access the services or acquire the goods that ULTIMATE HIKES provides more easily. The information we collect from you is strictly confidential. We do not sell, rent, loan, trade or lease the addresses stored in our database to any third parties. We may disclose the personal information, other information or data we collect from you if:
- You give us your consent.
- You would reasonably expect us to disclose it for another purpose, and that other purpose is related to the purpose specified to you at the time of collection.
In this way we may use your information to send you out promotional material, which you may find of interest. If you do not wish to receive any of this material you may simply choose to "unsubscribe" from our mailing lists and no further material will be sent to you.
Supply of Images or Feedback
Should you wish to share images or reviews from your trip with ULTIMATE HIKES we agree to only use this content for the ULTIMATE HIKES WEBSITE only. Should we wish to use this material in any other form ULTIMATE HIKES will contact you to ask for your express written permission.
Access and Contact
Any personal information that we collect about customers including email addresses will be kept in a database of ULTIMATE HIKES.
Our security procedures
Once we receive personal information from you, we take all reasonable steps to ensure that all information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, up to date and stored in a secure environment and accessed only by authorised persons.
You should provide us with as much detail as possible about the particular information sought, in order to help us retrieve it. An access fee may be charged. If ULTIMATE HIKES does not allow you to access your personal information we will provide you with the reasons for our decision.
ULTIMATE HIKES operated brands include:
The Milford Track Guided Walk, The Routeburn Track Guided Walk, The Grand Traverse Guided Walk, The Classic Guided Walk, The Milford Track Encounter Day Walk, and The Routeburn Track Encounter Day Walk.
ULTIMATE HIKES adheres to the following Privacy Principles:
- ULTIMATE HIKES only collects personal information by fair, lawful and non-intrusive means.
- ULTIMATE HIKES only uses or disclose information for the purpose for which it was collected unless the person has provided permission to send direct marketing material.
- ULTIMATE HIKES take reasonable steps within the boundaries of accepted everyday work practises to ensure that the personal information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up-to date.
- ULTIMATE HIKES implements systems that protect the personal information it holds from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- ULTIMATE HIKES has a policy document outlining its information handling practices and make this available to anyone who asks.
- ULTIMATE HIKES provides printed and digital means for individual access to personal information it holds about that individual on request.
- ULTIMATE HIKES does not adopt, use or disclose, an identifier that has been assigned by a Commonwealth government 'agency'.
- ULTIMATE HIKES provides methods for customers to interact anonymously whenever it is lawful and practicable to do.
- ULTIMATE HIKES only transfers personal information to a recipient in a foreign country in circumstances where the information will have an appropriate level of protection.
- ULTIMATE HIKES does not collect sensitive information unless the individual has consented, it is required by law - or in other special specified circumstances, for example relating to health services provision and individual or public health or safety.
Third Party Websites
This Policy and Disclosure does not cover customers who enter the ULTIMATE HIKES websites through links from non-ULTIMATE HIKES sites, such as those of advertisers or other content providers.
DoubleClick: We use Google Analytics remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on a website. This allows us to provide targeted advertising in the future. If you do not wish to receive this type of advertising from us in the future you can opt out using the DoubleClick opt-out page<https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb#display_optout> or the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page<http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp>."
Ultimate Hikes Ltd CCTV Privacy Notice
Ultimate Hikes and its subsidiaries issue this Privacy Notice to inform our guests of the scope of the personal information that is collected with its Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV) system and your rights in relation to that information. Nothing in this Notice limits or excludes your rights under the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993.
Ultimate Hikes has CCTV monitoring and recording capabilities at The Station building, Ground Floor, Duke Street, Queenstown, New Zealand. CCTV cameras are located in the retail shop area. Signage advising of CCTV equipment will give notice of public areas covered by such equipment. The purpose of collecting information via our CCTV system is to support the reduction of crime and damage to property. Video footage may also be used to enhance safety training to our staff.
Audio is not recorded.
The security and integrity of your information is of the utmost importance to us and Ultimate Hikes takes all reasonable steps to protect personal information against loss, manipulation, misuse and unauthorised access. Ultimate Hikes employs protections against unauthorised access to personal information. Ultimate Hikes may make archived CCTV images available to official government agencies in accordance with principles 10 & 11 of the New Zealand Privacy Act. Individuals who have been recorded by our CCTV cameras have the right to access that footage and to make any corrections so long as that information relates to you and is reasonably accessible. Video footage is stored for a maximum of 10 weeks unless its archival is required for one or more of the aforementioned reasons. The length of storage of footage varies between cameras so the information may not be available at the time of your request.
You may request confirmation of whether Ultimate Hikes holds personal information about you and if so, you may request access to this information. Access will be granted unless one of the grounds for refusal, listed in the New Zealand Privacy Act, applies.
Any queries about this privacy notice should be directed to:
Chief Information Officer
PO Box 956