Ultimate Hikes can take up to 40 walkers each day.
The track can be walked both ways and is accessible by car at each end.
- Transport ex Queenstown. You can also depart from Te Anau - but return is to Queenstown only.
- 3 nights accommodation on track in our private lodges.
- All meals, and snacks on track.
- A 40ltr backpack - that will contain your personal belongings and you will carry with you.
- All in the company of experienced guides.
The pre-track briefing is at 3.45pm in Queenstown on the day prior to your walk departure date.
The bus departs Queenstown the following morning at 6.30am. You will stop in Te Anau for morning tea.
Your walk begins at the Divide at approximately 11.30am.
The group gets back to Queenstown via Glenorchy at approximately 4.00pm, but can be subject to delays due to weather or traffic.
We recommend you spend the night on each side of your walk in Queenstown.
Wifi Free Zone
It is important to remember that the track is in a remote wilderness area. There is no cellular or internet service on the tracks. All of our guides and the lodges are in touch with each other and the Queenstown base by radio. Communications are possible but must come through the Queenstown office.
The big question: What will the weather be like? It is essential to be well prepared for all four seasons. Fiordland and Mt Aspiring National Parks have very changeable weather patterns and high rainfall levels. This means that snow, high winds and rain can occur at any time of the year.What will the weather be like?