Where to stay in Queenstown
Queenstown has a wide range of accommodation options to stay before and after your guided walk.
We recommend staying in Queenstown a night before and a night after your walk. We leave early in the morning and while we are usually back at about 4pm on the final day - traffic and weather conditions can vary so we would not recommend booking flights out of Queenstown that depart before 6pm.
We also recommend you book your accommodation well in advance of arriving in Queenstown, especially between January - March
Some suggestions when choosing somewhere to stay
- It's a good idea to choose your accommodation within walking distance of our pick up point at the Ultimate Hikes Centre on Duke Street.
- If you need to keep some luggage in town, you should also check that the place you choose can keep it for you.
- There is very little off-street parking in Queenstown centre so if you are driving, check too if there is longer term parking available.
We have listed some accommodation options below - for a full range please click the link to go to the accommodation page on queenstownnz.co.nz
If you are starting your walk in Te Anau, There is also a range of options from motels to hotels. Please see the link below.
Holiday Inn Express
The Holiday Inn Express is brand new and is located at the top of Stanley Street.
It is reasonably priced and includes a continental breakfast. they also will store luggage.Go to website
Air BnB - Waterfront apartment
Overlooking Lake Wakatipu, this apartment has all you need to relax before and/or after your walk.
- Absolute Lakefront Accommodation
- 2 dbl bedrooms both with ensuite bathrooms and robes,
- large open plan kitchen dining and lounge,
- Impressive sunny lake view terrace overlooking the lake and a smaller deck out towards Skyline.
- 5 minutes easy walk to Central Queenstown
- Magnificent lake and mountain views
- Only 15 minutes from Queenstown Airport
- Private parking in the same building
Queenstown Park Boutique Hotel
Our 5-star haven is waiting to surround you with the best of Queenstown. We're bordered by greenery and only a few minutes' walk from our vibrant town centre. Perfectly positioned for you to access everything our town is famous for. Enjoy complimentary canapés and breakfast inclusive let us arrange for you to enjoy the best our region has to offer.
Get 10% OFF our best available rate when booking direct using the promo code 'ULTIMATE'Go to website