Where to stay in Queenstown
Queenstown has a wide range of accommodation options to stay before and after your guided walk.
We recommend staying in Queenstown a night before and a night after your walk. We leave early in the morning and while we are usually back at about 4pm on the final day - traffic and weather conditions can vary so we would not recommend booking flights out of Queenstown that depart before 6pm.
Some suggestions when choosing somewhere to stay
- It's a good idea to choose your accommodation within walking distance of our pick up point at the Ultimate Hikes Centre on Duke Street.
- If you need to keep some luggage in town, you should also check that the place you choose can keep it for you.
- There is very little off-street parking in Queenstown centre so if you are driving, check too if there is longer term parking available.
We have listed some accommodation options below - for a full range please click the link to go to the accommodation page on queenstownnz.co.nz
If you are starting your walk in Te Anau, There is also a range of options from motels to hotels. Please see the link below.
Holiday Inn Express
The Holiday Inn Express is brand new and is located at the top of Stanley Street.
It is reasonably priced and includes a continental breakfast. they also will store luggage.Go to website
Air BnB - Waterfront apartment
Overlooking Lake Wakatipu, this apartment has all you need to relax before and/or after your walk.
- Absolute Lakefront Accommodation
- 2 dbl bedrooms both with ensuite bathrooms and robes,
- large open plan kitchen dining and lounge,
- Impressive sunny lake view terrace overlooking the lake and a smaller deck out towards Skyline.
- 5 minutes easy walk to Central Queenstown
- Magnificent lake and mountain views
- Only 15 minutes from Queenstown Airport
- Private parking in the same building
Accommodation in Te Anau
if you are starting or finishing your walk in Te Anau, there is a variety of accommodation options.
We can recommend the Luxmore Hotel which is opposite the departure point at Kiwi Country in the town centre.
For more accommodation options - click on the link below.